Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ultimate Rejection Letter



Herbert A. Millington

Chair - Search Committee

412A Clarkson Hall, Whitson University

College Hill, MA 34109



Dear Professor Millington,



Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I

regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me

an assistant professor position in your department.



This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually

large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field

of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.



Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in

rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at

this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor

in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then.



Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.



Sincerely,

Chris L. Jensen





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: