Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snapped...

Today I snapped at a colleague of mine who was just doing his job.

I snapped not at him but merely at the issues caused by partly my own lack of pro activeness when it comes to tasks beyond my work scope and mainly because of the company management's great ideas and great processes which inflicted much trouble and dis contentedness among the lower ranking staff ie: ME.

What ticked me off the most is not the part where us employees have to clean up the disaster created by a crazy yet innovative yet clearly doomed-to-fail changes imposed by the so called inexperienced upper management team. Don't try don't know, that is the reason or to me excuses that they would simply use when there are a mess. What ticked me off the most is when there are mega issues caused by one of these 'ideas' or 'changes' which we have advised against, they simply just place all the blame on us.

I hate it the most when they say :"You created this mess, I won't bear the consequences, please solve it by yourself". Leaving us hanging in mid air grabbing frantically for a life line.

Hmm... probably the dogs of the upper management are keeping their eyes out on vindictive posts like this one but at this point of time, I could not care less. It is tiresome when your ideas, your points your words doesn't get through. pfftt..

As much as I want to complain about them, in the same time I'm sure my management team should be facing such pressure from people above as well. It is a vicious cycle after all. Dog eat dog world?

Yet today's post is not about that, but about a colleague, a friend who've misunderstood my over 'enthusiastic' tone of voice as to bombard him when he comes to me for something that I remember not receiving or gave away during the month of September. I probably carries an 'defensive' aura when work mode is on.

I guess amidst all the problems that I face, I need to work on my attitude first. It has been awhile since I sat down and ponder upon my daily actions.

"Find the balance, find the balance..."

I think it is a good time now since I was brought to awareness by another good friend regarding issues involving these area. Since people involved does not want to present the issue before me and talk it through.

Zen mode begins... ohhmmm....

No comments: