Saturday, April 05, 2008

Of Futsal and Weekends...

Had futsal yesterday, played against a team of 7 who's stamina and speed are far superior than those that I've encountered before. Not to mention that they are rather rough on the field as well. Would've easily given them a few yellow or red cards if I were to be the referee.

Plus the fact that I had my team captain and my MVP down with stomach discomfort and the other knee injury, our make do team was trashed. The difference in scores are so vast that I'm too ashamed to even mention those numbers here.

However, I will still salute my all star defender for being exceptionally on fire and passionate through out the entire game without giving in to circumstances. For that, he - Clemen Lawrence a.k.a Slider a.k.a Lawrence of the Arabia, was given the title "Man of The Match".

Compared to Mr.Arabia, I was not being a team player at all. I have not displayed any sportsmanship nor passion to my position as a goal keeper as I should. I'm greatly ashamed of my attitude for giving up easily even before the game ends. I played badly yesterday and it was a great humiliation to me not because of loosing the match but because of my attitude in accepting defeat before the battle starts.

Time to buck up on my side, skill wise and as well as my sportsmanship.

This weekend would be probably the lousiest weekends of all. Having in mind of a certain someone too far for my reach. Having "maybes" and "perhaps" wandering all over my logics and rationality. Six months of wishful thinking... and counting down.

Boy, this would be one of those times where regrets are just around the corner...

Cibal Shi...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so who u like lah that's coming back in 6 months? hahaa...let me guess can?

siah said...

haha. all the best trying to do that. :)