Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Of Cataract Operation and Hong Leong Bank

As I'm typing this, dad is in the operation room doing his cataract operation.

Well, nothing interesting about that, just pray that he will recover fully from the operation in no time.

The funny thing we encounter earlier before his operation was this:

Dad's Hong Leong Bank (HLB) visa card was blocked and when he called up the bank, he was told that there's a 90 ringgit fees that he did not clear hence he is not allowed to use the card.

After explaining to them that he is in the midst of getting an operation within 10 mins time and that he will pay the fees alongside with the operation fees, they still insist that he pay his 90 ringgit!

Bloody HLB fools. Process is a process that I can agree with, but if I'm a bank and my client with a stable income and financial status wants to spend another few k before he pays up the petty little 90 ringgit of stupid fees that appears from no where (mind you the card's annual fees are waved) I would with the least of worries allow him to use the card again!

Well the next time I see any person trying to sell me their HLB credit card, I will just ask them to shove their cards up their management ass. Basically they don't know how to hire capable people to make on the spot decision that would involve a little risk but in turn gain certain amount of revenue for the company.

This is really pissing me off. Well, will just have to wait for my aunt to come and see how to settle the bills. And my pay is not even transferred to my account yet. I think its time for me to op for a credit card for emergencies like this.

No comments: