Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yes, finally having my own gadgets in working condition again. Ah! my sweet wireless modem and my first handphone that I purchased with my hard earned cash. After much hassle of nearly not getting my modem back, I've learn a valuable lesson of keeping your receipts safe no matter what you buy.

Scenario:

Went to Lowyat all the way from SS3 to collect my modem one fine saturday afternoon using various means of public transportation since driving down to K.L is still too challenging for me.

When I reach there soaking with sweat, fat guy in charge of warranty department gave me a load of crap reasons and insist that without the receipt I can't get my modem even after much polite request from me. I was speechless and was a little furious because I'm being treated like an idiot. He expects me to leave my modem there and purchase a new one... wth?

Ending:

In the end, I got my modem back and the fat guy was screwed silly left right center by his manager. No, I didn't make a scene and nope I didn't even complaint to the manager. I merely applied some soft skills that I've obtained from the working world.

Moral of the story:

Diss me while I'm being polite and nice to you means payback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh... what have the working world done to me? Behaviour modification? Don't think so, I guess it's all about survival...

As they say, it's a dog eat dog world out there...

No comments: